On Thu, Sep 30, 1999 at 04:53:14PM +0200, Asger K. Alstrup Nielsen wrote:
> > - there's a separate cookie for each directory. Sorry. I don't really think
> >   it is changeable.
>
> The problem with this is that the customization feature is a
> per-directory thing, rather than a per-site thing.

You're right. Problem.

I just created a (on-the-fly created) site map. This at least gets rid of
the problems you mentioned of not being able to find the page you're looking
for. It reads in start.php3 and the subdirectories' start.php3 files and
writes it all out, with links of course.

I am *not* a web designer, so you may think the page looks like crap. If it
weren't so close to friday, I would instead say, "I invite suggestions."
I made the basefont 4 for the main directory's files & the directory names,
size 3 for the subdirectories' files. Should I make things even bigger?

> > - hit counter, if we care
>
> We care.

OK. I give up. I actually went out on to the web & got a php counter code,
but I keep getting "permission denied" when I try to open a file for
writing. I also tried uploading the whole thing to baywatch, but I get the
same error. I suspect it's because the entity that's trying to open the file
doesn't have write permission in, e.g., karger's directory. So how are you
supposed to fix that?

> > What are we waiting for?
>
> You to do the work ;-)

Done :)

> Preferably, we want the WWW site in CVS.

For sure. Then I won't have to continue doing (all) the work.

-Amir