On Sat, Oct 09, 1999 at 07:03:38PM -0400, Bobby de Vos wrote:

> I think I may have found the problem. It only dumps core when I run as
> root, having run su - from a user account. lyx cannot open the display
> in this case. If lyx can open the display, ie I run su from a user
> account, or as a user, lyx runs fine. So maybe you want to see if the
> display is available, otherwise quit with a message like netscape
> does.
>         thefox:~# netscape
>         Error: Can't open display:

Hmmm... That's strange. This is what happens for my Redhat 6.0 installation
with xforms-0.88 and my lyx-1.0.4 RPM installed:

[kayvan@satyr ~]$ su -
Password:
[root@satyr /root]# echo $DISPLAY

[root@satyr /root]# lyx
lyx: Can't open display
LyX: unable to access X display, exiting
[root@satyr /root]#

So, I don't know what the problem with your setup is.

--
Kayvan Aghaiepour Sylvan  | Proud husband of      | Father to my kids:
Sylvan Associates, Inc.   | Laura Isabella Sylvan | Katherine Yelena (8/8/89)