On Mon, Oct 11, 1999 at 04:32:32PM +0100, Horst G Kausch wrote:
> > I agree.
> >
> OK, we all agree then.
>
> Unfortunately, all to often contributed .rpms (i.e. not officially part of
> RedHat) are installed into /usr/local not /usr.
>
> I would have packed sgmltools-2.0.x up as an rpm but version 2.0.3 is not
> yet out and the cvs version did not install properly on my system
> (/etc/sgml did not get updated correctly and some files were missing in
> /usr/local/share/sgml). I had to copy some files manually to complete
> the installation. Other users seem to have trouble with sgmltools-2.0.x as
> well, see messages in this list last week.
>
> We should make sure an sgmltools-2.0.3 rpm (compatible with your
> tetex-lyx rpm) is available when it is finally released. I'll try to
> package it up then if noone else does it.

Sounds like a great idea.

I have some RPMs in my ftp://ftp.sylvan.com/pub/lyx/sgml area,
but I'm not sure they all work correctly with LyX's docbook support (I have
not really had a whole lot of time to check it out).

If you have a bit of time, you could try looking at these and give me
some feedback.

--
Kayvan Aghaiepour Sylvan  | Proud husband of      | Father to my kids:
Sylvan Associates, Inc.   | Laura Isabella Sylvan | Katherine Yelena (8/8/89)