Jean-Marc Lasgouttes <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

| Michael> "insetlatexaccent.C", line 645: Error:
| Michael> InsetLatexAccent::ACCENT_TYPES is not accessible from file
| Michael> level.
|
| This one is strange, as Lars said.

We can move the enum into public space.

| Michael> "lstrings.C", line 178: Error: Could not find a match for
| Michael> std::count<>(const char*, const char*, const char).
|
| Don't know about that.

it is a wrong count in the C++ lib,

the correct one is

template<class InputIterator, class T>
        typename iterator_traits<InputIterator>::difference_type
          count(InputIterator first, InputIterator last, const T&
        value);

when the one used in this case is:

template <class _InputIter, class _Tp, class _Size>
void count(_InputIter __first, _InputIter __last, const _Tp& __value, _Size& __n);

perhaps we should have a check in configure for this?

| Michael> "lyxsum.C", line 119: Error: "," expected instead of "*".
| Michael> "lyxsum.C", line 120: Error: fp is not defined.
|
| Maybe removing 'register' would help. Lars, why is this code so
| complicated?

Complicated? (it is one of the simplest files we have.)
Ok, it got a bit more complicated when I added a standard c++ way of
doing it instead of using stdio.
the fstream disted with gcc does not have the needed readsome method.

| Michael> "layout.C", line 1217: Error: Cannot use std::pair<bool, int>
| Michael> to initialize std::pair<bool, unsigned>. "layout.C", line
| Michael> 1219: Error: Cannot use std::pair<bool, int> to initialize
| Michael> std::pair<bool, unsigned>.
|
| Don't know.

This constructor prototype is missing from the C++ lib:

  template <class _U1, class _U2>
  pair(const pair<_U1, _U2>& __p) : first(__p.first),
  second(__p.second) {}

but we should be able to make the types in the pair be the same.

| Michael> "spellchecker.C", line 340: Error: Using static_cast to
| Michael> convert from char*[14] to char*const* not allowed.
|
| Don't know. Maybe a const_cast instead of a static_cast?

Yes, const_cast looks more correct.

        Lgb