I remember seeing this when I first created a table with a multicolumn on one
row.  I had a hard time turning that left-edge off. I played with turning the
edges on and off a bunch of times until the dvi/ps output came out right.  I
still can't get it to display right on the screen inside lyx -- the left-edge
either draws for the whole length of the table or not at all --  but as long
as it prints right, that's the most important part.  It would be nice to be
able to set the left edge to turn off easier for just the row with the
multicolumn.

Rosina

On Thu, 23 Dec 1999 15:36:47 +1000 (GMT+1000) Allan Rae writes
+--------------------

| Juergen,  this is one of the table bugs I mentioned.
|
| Matt which version of LyX was this in?  Have you tried 1.1.4pre1 or the
| latest cvs at all?  I haven't been able to reproduce this myself with
| 1.1.4pre1/latest cvs but it might be a pecularity of your system that
| triggers it.  Can you provide an example file.
|
| On Mon, 22 Nov 1999, Matthew Lovell wrote:
|
| > Hello,
| >
| > Has anyone noticed the following problem with LyX's multicolumn
| > support in tables?
| >
| > Choose a table cell which already has the left-edge of the column
| > turned on.  Change it to a multicolumn cell, spanning some number of
| > columns.  Now, take a look in preview mode (I always use postscript)
| > at the left edge of that cell.
| >
| > The left edge of the cell is always doubled.  It's as if both the
| > column vertical rule is present as well as rule for the multicolumn
| > cell itself ( \multicolumn{2}{|c|} ).
| >
| > It's a very minor complaint, indeed, but it does detract from the
| > final document.  How does one report this nit-picks to the
| > LyX-developer's?
| >
| > Thanks!
| >   Matt
| >
| > --