On Thu, Jan 06, 2000 at 12:23:00PM +0100, Andre Poenitz wrote:
> >   That is true, one of my most expected features is a better inset, and also
> > the possibility to have general insets.
>
> Ok, suppose it were practically possible to configure such a general inset
> from a file (which I believe is at least theoretically possible).
> Would this be the prefered approach or would you prefer the current
> hard-coded approach? (Assume no performance penalty for the time being)

  Maybe as transient state, before we reach the scripting language step. Yes.

  No related but... the major difficulty in importing docbook in lyx is the
absence of a library to write the lyx format. Only the idea of writing
lyx format without help scares. I have done this before with sgml2lyx,
but I have lost the courage since then... ;)

> looks do-able... Of course the callbacks have to be hard coded, but we
> could use the Dispatch() interface for that, can't we?

  Is there any major obstacle to this?

--
José