[EMAIL PROTECTED] (Lars Gullik Bjønnes) writes:

| I thought I had added some code that would check for this? Probably
| not, the problem is that we then have to run rcs and lock the file in
| question.

I have added the code that checks for this a _long_ time ago, when I
first wrote the RCS support. Just look at BufferList::loadLyXFile
l.538, what's missing is the question and the actual checkout (locking.)

| ...ok I just found a bug in LyX...
| If you write in a filename in the open filedialog and this file does
| not exist, you get the response "Not a LyX file" and a file with no
| contents with that name is created. I think this is what caused the
| filecorruption I mentioned earlier to happen, will investigate.

This is due to a bug in IsFileWritable, I think I have squashed this
one now... I just need to test it.

        Lgb