Michael> This is a cryptographically signed message in MIME format.
Michael> --------------msE016A8F3D7C9128E60813AF2 Content-Type:
Michael> text/plain; charset=us-ascii Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

Michael> Hello again,

Michael> please add the following lines to 'lyxsum.C':

Michael>   using std::FILE; using std::fopen; using std::fread; using
Michael> std::fclose; using std::ferror;

Hello,

I have tried to change my cstdlib header put things in std:: for dec
cxx (so that I can insert the code you request) and got an error in
LAssert.h

cxx: Error: ../../../lyx-devel/src/mathed/../support/LAssert.h, line 14:
          identifier "abort" is undefined
          detected during instantiation of "void Assert(A) [with A=bool]" at
                    line 70 of "../../../lyx-devel/src/mathed/../Bullet.h"
                abort();
----------------^

This is normal, since I need a
using std::abort();
here. However, I am surprised that this is not mentionned in your
messages. Does it mean that CC 5.0 does not put _everything_ in std?
I am a bit puzzled.

[...]

Michael> Finally, I get warnings like the following one when compiling
Michael> lyx-devel with Sun's CC:

Michael>   CC: Warning: Option -Wp,-MD,.deps/math_utils.pp passed to
Michael> ld, if ld is invoked, ignored otherwise

Michael> How can I disable them? It seems like they are not relevant
Michael> for compiling, are they?

I think next release of automake will make a better job at generating
dependancies. Currently, I use a shell wrapper for dec cxx to handle
this correctly.

Sorry if those fixes are done a bit slowly, but we have to please all
compilers at the same time.