> Apart from HTML 4.0, Mnemonic will support the W3C standards XML and
> CSS, which are both handled in some form already in the current
> version (though please do not expect miracles yet). There will also be
> support for mathematics typesetting in the form of MathML and TeX. The
> user interface is a very thin layer on top of a GUI toolkit
> independent rendering engine. Currently a GTK-- based version is
> available, but a text-only interface is expected in the near future.
> </snip>

Ok, maybe we could pinch some code some day ;-)

Currently I am busy understanding LyX's internal structures and trying
to map them to something starting with "<...". It's No Fun ;-|, but I
don't think I'll need any toolkit for that. I am sure this could change
when it comes to proper encoding etc.

Yesterday I came across mathed. I think I understand now why so many
people do not want to touch it...

I am fairly convinced that my first patch will be more or
less a "proof of concept" that provides some framework for future work
and allows writing the new format, probably with math still encoded in
LaTeX. The patch is getting large already and keeping in sync with
the main tree already takes me a couple of minutes every second day...

Andre'

--
André Pönitz ......................... [EMAIL PROTECTED]