This message is primarily for Allan,
we have been discussing necessary steps on getting the GUI indep stuff off the
ground.
I have looked a little more into libsigc++ and I would like to experiment with
it a bit.
Allan, could you set up the necessary directory structure like it was in the old
devel branch? I.e. there was a directory
src/frontends with some subdirectories, not all will be necessary but forms for
the "beloved" xforms library and qt as well as mfc would be nice.
Also, I dont understand what the Communicator class was supposed to do. Is it
kind of a mediator between the LyX kernel and the popups? Will it become
obsolete with the using of signal/slot?

Now, last but not least, I could use some hints with the following.

Say I wanted to compile and link LyX with libsigc++, where do I need to make
changes so that
a) the compiler will find the header files
b) the linker will find the library
???

Lets get this baby off the ground.
Roland