On Wed, 26 Jan 2000, Dr. Ing. Roland Krause wrote:
[...]
See my other email "libsigc++ integration..." for details.

> Also, I dont understand what the Communicator class was supposed to do. Is it
> kind of a mediator between the LyX kernel and the popups? Will it become
> obsolete with the using of signal/slot?

Communicator was a large bucket into which I poured every bit of code that
was common to different gui-indep implementations (or would have been
anyway).  It went hand in glove with signals/slots.  The new plan is to
instead turn those Communicator.method()s into LyXFuncs so they can
accessed by everyone using a std::string of parameters.

> Now, last but not least, I could use some hints with the following.
>
> Say I wanted to compile and link LyX with libsigc++, where do I need to make
> changes so that
> a) the compiler will find the header files
> b) the linker will find the library
> ???

You don't.

You can use the patch I posted last week to get the old lyx branch up and
running but even that patch is now effectively out of date.  Or you wait a
couple of days and get my branch from cvs.

> Lets get this baby off the ground.

Already rolling and ready for take-off.

Allan. (ARRae)