Allan> Maybe I should just settle on several small news items and one
Allan> feature area per fortnight. So I'd feature either GUI-indep or
Allan> Insets depending on which one of them gets written in time
Allan> (Jürgen or Lars could you scribble a couple of paragraphs or
Allan> provide a copy of an old email you think would suit).

Yes, that sounds good.

Allan> We still need someone to gather together the threads of
Allan> discussion about mini-projects like citations (natbib, harvard
Allan> etc. support), pdflatex, layout file extensions and any number
Allan> of other areas so we can have a mini-project page and maybe
Allan> snare us some new talent.

Getting threads like in kernel traffic would be nice, of course. But
that's a lot of work, and we need someone dedicated to it.