Roland> Good job, the project really needs some regular news/PR. Even
Roland> if it is just one paragraph every two weeks.

Roland> B.t.w. When I read through the PR, I realized that actually
Roland> the new versioning scheme maps 1:1 to the old one. There isnt
Roland> really any difference except that releases are more often and
Roland> the release number stays lower. Say that 1.1.4 were version
Roland> 1.2, development is in 1.1.5cvs, fixes go in 1.1.4fix1.

I hope I'll be able to continue the fix series without too much
trouble (that is: easy fix, should absolutely be better than better).
It was natural for 1.1.4, and a fix2 will probably happen soon (when
the bibtex stuff is sorted out), but for say 1.1.5, if a bug needs
major surgery, then I won't issue a fix version for that. I do these
only because they require almost no testing time, just a bit of
packaging.

So that's quite different from real stable series (a lot of work is
needed to maintain the 2.2 series of linux).