> I am intending to make XTL a part of the rae branch sometime this week as
> I want to try it out communication with LyXFunc.  I'll have to get the
> latest release to see what's new.  The version I have exports to plain
> text but doesn't import from it.  It seems very fast for CORBA and XDF(?)
> formats.

The best format is the raw format, since it's minimalistic and the
fastest.  We don't need interoperability with external sources, so
the raw format is the best solution.
Fortunately, this decision is so easy to change later, given the XTL
setup.

> From what I saw in the code it doesn't need anything more advanced than
> libsigc++ but then libsigc++ requires an up-to-date compiler.

Actually, it does rely more heavily on some modern C++ constructs, so
it is more demanding than sigc++.

Greets,

Asger