On Sun, Feb 27, 2000 at 09:41:08PM -0500, Shawn Koons wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> I have had a problem that until now has been tolerable. Its not anymore.
> [...]
> The problem is that lyx shuts down (crashes?) at seemingly abitrary
> times. I don't have a clue what the problem could be. I have tried doing
> the editing from the end of the inserted ascii text file and from the
> beginning.  If I am not clear in my description of the problem I will be
> glad to supply any needed info, just ask.
>
> I am running 1.1.4 with the fixes installed.
>
> Help! its driving me nuts having to start lyx so many times. :-(

Hi Shawn,

What system are you running LyX on? What version of xforms?

Can you look for a file named "core" in your directories and run gdb
and provide a backtrace? If you can do that, that will help us to narrow
down your problem.

I run with lyx (1.1.4fix1 and 1.1.5cvs) all the time and it's rock solid for
me, so you've probably uncovered a bug or a problem with your setup. It's
hard to say which it is without more information.

If you have any problems/questions do not hesitate to ask.

Best regards,

                        ---Kayvan
--
Kayvan A. Sylvan                   | Proud husband of      | Father to my kids:
Sylvan Associates, Inc.            | Laura Isabella Sylvan | Katherine Yelena