You probably remember Wolfgang Riedel's report on a strange feature:

You can write \mathrm{\frac{m}{s}} and everything works as expected until
the file is reloaded (in the next session e.g.). Then the \mathrm is
gone. If you use \frac{\mathrm{m}}{\mathrm{s}} everything stays alright.

This resembles quite closely a 'feature' that has been annoying me for a
long time: sometimes \limit or \nolimit disappear when loading for no
particular reason.

I did not find the bug but I found a workaround the seems to be reliable.
The problem is somewhere in the innards of the parser. I cannot
figure out what's going on there but I noticed that if you tell the parser
that \mathrm, \limits or \nolimits is 'nothing special' everything goes well.

So the workaround is to replace 'mathrm', 'limits' or 'nolimits' in
math_hash.C (lines 48, 118 and 290 respectively) by something that will not
occur in the .lyx file (like '@mathrm').

This is ugly but it seems to work. Maybe this workaround could be mentioned
somewhere until somebody rewrites the math parsing...

Andre'

--
It'll take a long time to eat 63.000 peanuts.
André Pönitz ......................... [EMAIL PROTECTED]