Andre Poenitz wrote:
On Mon, Oct 09, 2006 at 06:17:52PM +0200, Abdelrazak Younes wrote:
Jean-Marc Lasgouttes wrote:
"Abdelrazak" == Abdelrazak Younes <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
Abdelrazak> Well, I've made it faster in the past with Bennett's help.
Abdelrazak> I am quite confident that we'll find the bottlenecks with
Abdelrazak> some profiling report.

Unless the bottlenecks are in Qt/Mac itself.
In this case we can still turn around the bottlenecks like we did with the font width cache.

Maybe Bennett should try the array-based fontwidth cache version...

I seem to recall that the map access was not a bottleneck. JMarc is right that Qt might painting operations really are the bottlenecks (QPainter operation). I'd hoped that things would get better with 4.2 but that didn't happened apparently.

Abdel.