Jean-Marc Lasgouttes wrote:
Because I think there will be as many people annoyed by auto toolbars
then people who like them. Personally, having toolbars which flash in
and out when I do pageup/down annoys me.

Not having auto toolbars makes them very difficult to use, because you'll have to reopen them again every time you start LyX (unless you know how to hack the ui files, you can't expect that from a normal Windows user). The auto toolbars are also already in 1.5.

I still have not managed to convince Uwe to create one official Windows installer. This is one of the things why he wants to keep his modified unofficial version. We really need a solution here.

I'm not able to create a UI to configure the toolbars inside LyX, so maybe I'll have to bundle a separate application with LyX/Windows to be able to configure them.

Joost