Hi,

I am having a hard time installing a new class in LyX. I read the help
documentation (Customization.lyx, Section 5) and created a .layout
file.

The problem is that I am unable to get Lyx to recognize the .cls
file.LyX lists the new text class as unavailable and warns me that the
TeX class is missing.

I am using windows and I added the class file to
C:\texmf\tex\latex\base. I did this because the classes used by
default are all in this directory. I do not know how to get the system
to recognize that I added the class.

I suspect that it is a simple fix, so any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance,
Sarjoun