Joost Verburg <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

| Jean-Marc Lasgouttes wrote:
| > Because I think there will be as many people annoyed by auto toolbars
| > then people who like them. Personally, having toolbars which flash in
| > and out when I do pageup/down annoys me.
|
| Not having auto toolbars makes them very difficult to use, because
| you'll have to reopen them again every time you start LyX (unless you
| know how to hack the ui files, you can't expect that from a normal
| Windows user). The auto toolbars are also already in 1.5.

Create a sidebar thing, completely outside the current lyx "window".
Perhaps that might be a better solution than the on-top-toolbar.

(Then I can just not show the sidebar and be done with it.)

| I still have not managed to convince Uwe to create one official
| Windows installer. This is one of the things why he wants to keep his
| modified unofficial version. We really need a solution here.

The solution is not necessarily to follow Uwe. Or even to have a
single official windows installer.

--
        Lgb