> I haven't been watching closely this discussion, so I want to ask about the
> "number attribute" I want to add (for markup of numbers in Right-to-Left text).
> Should I implement it (for now) by adding a new field to the LyXFont class?
> (actually, I've already done this, so if this is the "correct" way I can
> submit a patch).

In principle, I think this is the way to do it.
However, in practice, the LyXFont class might not be the correct place.
Lgb has been touching this stuff lately, so I'm not up to date with the
structure, but I *think* that it's moving in the direction where
we will have a CharParams class:

class CharParams {
public:

private:
        LyXFont font;
        string language;
        bool number;
}

Therefore, Lgb might be reluctant to admit the patch at this point.
However, I'm sure he would accept a patch that introduces the CharParams
structure ;-)

> On the same subject, what is the file format I should use?
> I'm currently using "\number on" and "\number off" for marking numbers.

I would think "true" and "false" is better, but that's a minor detail.
Also, "\numeric" might be better.  After all, there is no firm requirement
that the number has to be written with digits?

As I understand it, it is meant as a way of fine-tuning direction more than
anything else. And if we use such a view, the name should maybe be completely
different...

Greets,

Asger