On Mon, Apr 10, 2000 at 09:45:01PM +0200, Asger K. Alstrup Nielsen wrote:
> > > Thank you for the taking you time to answer this. :)
> >
> > I have to, in order to avoid you guys reinventing the wheel.
>
> I forgot to argue why we should adopt the character attribute
> approach *now* for all kinds of attributes: Since the future kernel
> uses this approach, we will be much better off by moving in exactly
> that direction. That will definately save us trouble in the future.

I haven't been watching closely this discussion, so I want to ask about the
"number attribute" I want to add (for markup of numbers in Right-to-Left text).
Should I implement it (for now) by adding a new field to the LyXFont class?
(actually, I've already done this, so if this is the "correct" way I can
submit a patch).

On the same subject, what is the file format I should use?
I'm currently using "\number on" and "\number off" for marking numbers.