Bennett Helm wrote:
On Oct 31, 2006, at 3:51 PM, Georg Baum wrote:

Am Dienstag, 31. Oktober 2006 21:36 schrieb Abdelrazak Younes:

Hum... That's what I feared. We have eliminated all important
bottlenecks in LyX. Remains the Qt ones. I don't understand why the
QPainter::drawText() is so slow on Mac.

There's maybe some Mac specific settings that we should set to speed up
things. Maybe limit the number of colors to 256 or something like that...

Don't forget that Bennet is using a self compiled qt, and that he links LyX
statically against it, so all Mac users use the very same qt library. If
we are lucky there is only a problem how his qt library was compiled, and
resolving that would give a nice speedup.

Is there no official binary qt release from trolltec for OS X?

Not that I know of ... so let's hope the former is the case.

It's hidden on their ftp server, try this:

ftp://ftp.trolltech.com/qt/source/qt-mac-opensource-4.2.1.dmg