Peter Kümmel wrote:
Georg Baum wrote:
Am Dienstag, 31. Oktober 2006 21:36 schrieb Abdelrazak Younes:

Hum... That's what I feared. We have eliminated all important bottlenecks in LyX. Remains the Qt ones. I don't understand why the QPainter::drawText() is so slow on Mac.

There's maybe some Mac specific settings that we should set to speed up things. Maybe limit the number of colors to 256 or something like that...
Don't forget that Bennet is using a self compiled qt, and that he links LyX
Which version does Bennet use?
Maybe TT has in the meantime done its home work.

BTW, by default Q.../win is compiled with /O1 in release mode.

Abdel, do I see your eyes widening? ;)

Yes ;-)
I'll try that, thanks.

Abdel.