Edwin Leuven schrieb:
Michael Gerz wrote:
was wondering why lyx::Changes::set(lyx::Change const&, int, int)
 is called...

Every time you insert a character, the corresponding change has to be set (even if it is unchanged, because it may be inserted in a region of deleted/inserted text).

i was expecting that changes::set would be called only if change tracking is on. but i don't know anyting about this stuff, so you probably should ignore me...

No, with 1.5.0, change tracking has been fully integrated, i.e., you can switch CT on and off whenever you like to without having to accept/reject changes.

dunno. but opening is slow, especially under windows (it takes atm 8 secs to open the userguide on my 1.67Ghz dual core laptop). 10% is then almost a second...

With optimizations or in debugging mode?

Michael