Georg Baum wrote:
Abdelrazak Younes wrote:

Quite frankly I am not very confident that you can achieve the same
performance as the internal Clipboard.

I did not aim for that. And note that I currently have a lot of debug
output, and also some unneeded conversions string -> stringstream ->
string, so I believe that Bennets numbers are not bad. I would have
expected worse numbers.

Me too ;-)
The numbers look OK.

You are putting in the chain lyx2lyx parsing + lyx format parsing which is known to take some time.

lyx2lyx only if the format is not recent, so lyx2lyx will not be called if
this is used as a workaround on the Mac.

OK.

And according to Andre LyX format
parsing is fast.

I am going to make it even faster...

Right now, I can copy and paste the full UserGuide.lyx into another
document without _any_ delay. I doubt this would ever be possible with
your solution.

Moreover, we have now the multiple view feature so we don't need this
feature anymore.

I strongly disagree. First, the multiple view feature is still not finished,
and AFAIK it is still not decided whether it will be made visible in 1.5.0
or not.

Have you tried it lately?

[...]
I agree with you that clipboard/selection is OK for 1.5.0 (almost; I'll
write a summary later). My reasons for finishing this patch where simply:

- It was lying around here unfinished for over a year, and I wanted to have
that since ages
- It solves the Mac problem without the need to invent another workaround.

If we still uses the internal clipbard when possible, that's OK with me then. Thanks for the precisions.

Abdel.