Enrico Forestieri wrote:
On Fri, Jan 12, 2007 at 11:07:55PM +0100, Abdelrazak Younes wrote:

Abdelrazak Younes wrote:
Could someone please test this under Linux?

Enrico, if you could test it under Cygwin as well, that would be great.
Take this patch if you want to see some debug outputs. It's working perfectly here and it's really a _huge_ performance boost under Windows!

I tried it but honestly cannot see a difference with or without the
patch. I loaded a big document went in the middle and tried breaking
a paragraph. A lot of debug messages about cached things are spitted
out, but I cannot notice any difference in speed, which is already
good: a paragraph is broken and rejoined instantly, in practice.

I don't expect any performance improvement under Linux and Cygwin. I think the internal gettext compiled with MSVC is at fault here. I tried with the external GnuWin32 gettext version and I see the same slowness. I think the cygwin version (as well as the Linux version) are effectively using its internal cache.

Maybe this is language dependent or I was performing the wrong test.

Yes, I wanted you to check that the translation process is still working correctly. Especially, at the section level. Could you set create a document with the report class and set a different language of one 'Chapter' section. If all goes well, the 'Chapter' part will be translated.

Abdel.