Am Samstag, 13. Januar 2007 12:35 schrieb Abdelrazak Younes:
> Abdelrazak Younes wrote:
> > Edwin Leuven wrote:
> >> i compiled clean from scratch. have to run now...
> >
> > OK. I have my LyxLex cleanup on my local tree so this is maybe
> > interfering at this point. But this is still weird.
>
> I cannot reproduce the crash with a clean tree either.

The change from "docstring get()" to "docstring const & get()" can only be
dangerous if you change the callers at the same time to only store the
reference. If this reference lives longer than the Messages instance then
we have a problem. In all other cases the change is safe, and it is very
mysterious why it causes a crash for Edwin. Or maybe this operation

it = cache_.insert(std::make_pair(m, translated)).first;

does not succeed? Maybe you should add a check for that. I can't imagine
why this could fail, but if it fails you are returning something invalid.

Georg