Uwe Stöhr wrote:
> [1
> ** WARNING ** Unparsed material at end of special ignored.
> Current input buffer is -->! /landplus90 true store<--
> ]
>
> This can be ignored this has no consequences an tells that the input DVI
> file is in landscape. When this message doesn't appear dvipdfm doesn't
> recognize the landscape format and produces ugly PDFs. So not using dvips
> is makes it more worse than using dvips because using the dvips driver also
> fixes the bug when using dvipdfm! I tested this with with various larger
> documents. dvipdfm is not under development since 5 years now and therefore
> not recommended to use. So we should also use this when using dvipdfm.

Meanwhile, I had a look at geometry.sty. In fact, the options dvips and
dvipdfm insert the same specials except that dvips additionally inserts the
landscape correction, which is, as you describe above, just skipped by
dvipdfm.

In the view of this, I'd say implementing the more elegant solution (which
needed to implement an output param "driver" and pass that to writeLaTeX, is
not worth it.

So, I finally think you should shove your latest patch in (trunk).

Jürgen