Uwe Stöhr wrote:
> But the entry in the LaTeX-file has to be made in bufferparams.C. I'm a
> code newbie so can you help me here? I would add a variable to store the
> information what converter is used. How can this variable later be used for
> bufferparams.C?

I think you'd need to add a "driver" param to outputparams.[Ch], which is set
in Converters::convert. In buffer.C, writeLaTeXSource, this param is queried
and then passed to params().writeLaTeX (which would need an additonal param
string const & driver).

But as I wrote in my last mail, I'm not sure anymore it's worth the effort.

> >> I tested this with with various
> >> larger documents. dvipdfm is not under development since 5 years now and
> >> therefore not recommended to use.
> >
> > But there's dvipdfmx. And some people just prefer dvipdfm over pdflatex
> > (for instance, because it generates smaller files).
>
> Btw. Are the files really smaller?

Sometimes, yes (depends on the contents)

> So there's a good new that the PDF
> filesize is now smaller with the new pdftex 1.4.

I know. Still, dvipdfm has the advantage to support dvi specials. So, for
instance, change tracking is visible in LyX.

Jürgen