Georg> I am not sure whether it is a good idea to add all the buttons
Georg> to the standard toolbar. In the long run I would like that the
Georg> view and update functionality is merged: If no viewer with the
Georg> file is open: open one, otherwise only update the file. Since
Georg> this is not easy to implement so that it works for all
Georg> platforms and viewers it is definitely not for 1.5.0. For now I
Georg> think that an extra View toolbar as suggested by Jürgen is a
Georg> good compromise.

Or we could have a dvi/ps toolbar and a pdf toolbar, so that people
can pick the style of output file they prefer.