Andre Poenitz wrote:
On Fri, Jan 19, 2007 at 12:18:35PM +0100, Abdelrazak Younes wrote:
Georg Baum wrote:
Abdelrazak Younes wrote:

Indeed but first we have to make sure that the CoordCache is properly
filled in for all insets. We can do that recursively as is done in the
rowpainter. One have to extract the part that calls setPosCache() and
transfer that in BufferView::updateMetris().
setPoscache is called in draw() for each inset. Do I understand you right
the now the coord cache needs to be filled when the metrics are calculated?
Yes.

If that is the case we should simply transfer this call to the metrics()
method of each inset
That's what I said yes.

How come the metrics() phase knows about positions?

It doesn't. I didn't mean that, I meant that we should transfer the position calculation to BufferView::updateMetrics() because the positions are known at that point.

Abdel.