Andre Poenitz wrote:

> On Fri, Jan 19, 2007 at 11:39:40AM +0100, Georg Baum wrote:
>> If we make sure that the coord cache is always
>> set in the metrics method as Abdel suggests,
>
> There must be a misunderstanding somewhere. The metrics phase only
> determines _sizes_. The coord cache records _positions_.

I know (at least roughly) how it used to work, but I think that Abdel had a
different goal when he changed the metrics/draw machinery. Therefore I
believe that we don't have a misunderstanding, but a mixture of two
different approaches currently.
Since 1.5 is quite a bit faster than 1.4 and crashes less because of a
broken coord cache his approach can't be too bad.

Georg