> But what are the differences between the two installers? My impression
> is that Joost's installer is techniquely advanced, and Uwe's installer
> takes care of lot of issues of third-party applications.

I listed the differences here:
http://wiki.lyx.org/Windows/LyXWinInstaller
(This is against LyX 1.4.3-5, so ignore the toolbar changes.)

Joost's installer originally base on LyXWinInstaller. The only thing where Joost's installer is technically advanced is the ability to install LyX without admin privileges. But this collides with the guidelines of the used third-party programs, so this is currently not possible with LyXWinInstaller. I plan to enable this if possible some day.

I added a readme file where these infos are stored.

regards Uwe