Bo Peng wrote:
A simple fix for this crash is available. There is no need to include
such hacks. Again it's already in the official installer.

Did you also use some sort of wrap? I have expressed my concerns
regarding the maintainability of such a wrapper. Bug3045 enhanced my
argument.

There is a known bug in Adobe Reader 8.0 with DDE calls. Instead of writing another wrapper like Uwe did, sending a certain call twice also solves the issue. By the way, the same problem appears in many other applications, so it will likely be fixed in 8.01.

Joost