> When I used LyX regularly, I used to show it to my PhD colleagues (not
> LaTeX users) and they were usually impressed. If there had been a bundle
> installer at the time I think it would have been quite easy to get them to
> try it.  It might even have been possible to get my supervisor to use
> it...

i just wanted to add, that it happened to me more times, that i made
some promotion of lyx to my MS friends, who dont even have connection
to internet. these people are able to learn howto write in lyx, but
they have very limited capability to install/setup things, etc.

these people have no idea about latex et al, they are just frustrated
by ms office products and its is useful to have some cd with bundled
installer, just to give them some touch of an altenative :)

pavel