Enrico> On Mon, Feb 05, 2007 at 11:31:42AM +0100, Jean-Marc Lasgouttes
Enrico> wrote:

>> directory that to emulate it like we do here...

Enrico> There already are some pdf files in lib/clipart. Shall I use
Enrico> one of them?
>>  I do no know whether they are usable for what you intend to do.

Enrico> In order to establish whether convert supports the -define
Enrico> option, I don't check for its version number but directly try
Enrico> to perform the conversion.

Here I can do I do

fantomas: convert -define foo:bar
convert: MissingAnImageFilename.
fantomas: convert -definexxx foo:bar
convert: UnrecognizedOption.

Can't you just invoke convert with the -define option and see what
message error is returned?