I'm very displeased by the renamng actions you did the last week. This was absolutely unnecessary, we just have released a second beta and our exercise is to fix the remaining bugs to be able to release LyX 1.5.0.

Sorry, but why did you mean we have to change our complete infrastructure while we are close to a stable release? Of course the renaming .C -> .cpp might have advantages and the merging is in general also a good idea but wasn't that pressing. There was no need to change this at this state of development. Further renaming can be done as soon as a LyX 1.6 development trunk has been created.
I'm sure that we have introduced new bugs and problems - the third beta will
tell.

I the meantime I faced lots of compile problems so that we lost one week of development as our mst active bug fixers couldn't work. We now also lost the SVN version history that was very important to be able to fix bugs.

So stop these actions now! If you really can't wait and want to do further renaming, discuss this and create a new brach where you can play if necessary.

best regards Uwe