On Sunday 29 April 2007 18:21:34 Uwe Stöhr wrote:
> I'm very displeased by the renamng actions you did the last week. This was
> absolutely unnecessary, we just have released a second beta and our
> exercise is to fix the remaining bugs to be able to release LyX 1.5.0.

Uwe, this was said before but I will say it again. This operation was
necessary at this time for the reasons already given by Abdel, André and
Michael:
 - to ease the transition to 1.6;
 - take into account the different platforms where lyx is developed and used;
 - to simply the search of the lyx code.

Not only that but the process has been very smooth compared with the task at
hand. I am happy with the discussion flux during this week.

The developers responsible for the rename are aware of this issue and they
have balanced their actions. I am satisfied with the whole result and I am
sure that this will ease the release of a stable 1.5.0.

--
José Abílio