On Mon, Apr 30, 2007 at 03:16:33AM +0200, Uwe Stöhr wrote:

> >First, you need not. svn help mv. URL->URL is the interesting part,
> >just rename one of the 'offending' files, run 'svn up' and be done.
>
> TortoiseSVN suggested I should cleanup the tree but this doesn't help.

My hammer suggested I should drive a nail into that broken vase but this
doesn't help.

> >>My SVN makes lots of troubles and after a checkout try I got a totally
> >>broken tree.
> >
> >[Just because TortoiseSVN bails out doesn't mean you have a broken SVN
> >tree... Anyway...]
>
> If TortoiseSVN fails to checkout the tree is broken for me as result.

If the hammer fails to fix the vase the world is broken.

> >>On Windows I have of course only FAT and NTFS, in my case only NTFS.
> >
> >This 'of course' is a limitation imposed by yourself. There is no
> >problem to have e.g. ext2 partitions under Windows...
>
> Come on, NTFS and FAT is used by all Win systems as standard so there's no
> discussion that we have to take care of them.

Come on, hammers is what I get when I buy 'Set Of Hammer 2003'. There's
no discussion that a toolchest should contain anything else than
hammers.

> >>I hope you can understand that I'm not very happy as I have three
> >>times this week to check out the sources completely to a new tree
> >>because it was broken after SVN checkout trys.
> >
> >See above. I doubt your tree was actually broken. However, I understand
> >you are not happy that it did not work out-of-the-box _twice_ this week.
>
> But you don't care about my problem, you just "broke" (tell it as you like)
> it again with "Text.cpp".
> I mean you know the problematic but still don't check if a renaming leads
> to two files with the same name. Checking this could not be that difficult.

At no time there where two files with the same name in svn.

Andre'