Juergen Vigna wrote:

> On 26-May-2000 Garst R. Reese wrote:
>
> > Wouldn't it be easier interface with a spreadsheet?
>
> Yes, we just need the one who makes the interface :) and then which
> spreadsheet should we use? Here we use xess4 I've seen you use gnumeric,
> but then there is also StarOffice 5.1, and ... #:O)
Well, I assumed it would be a GPL'd SS that exports either LaTeX or LyX.
Gnumeric is still pretty rough around the edges, but it did a nice
export.
> > I just created a table in gnumeric, sorted it, saved it as a latex2e
> > file, and imported it into LyX. Looked real nice. There are so many
> > things that a spreadsheet or db prog can do, it seems silly to me to do
> > them in LyX.
>
> Well did you try to have a multicolumn? I would be surprised if it would
> work!

By multicolumn I presume you mean more that one col in the spreadsheet.
It was two col.'s, Developer's name, and grade. It would have too boring
to give you all A's, so I "randomized" them.
Garst