On 5/16/07, José Matos <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
On Wednesday 16 May 2007 18:14:54 Bo Peng wrote:
> I guess my caption package is too old?
>
> \NeedsTeXFormat{LaTeX2e}[1994/06/01]
> \ProvidesPackage{caption}[1995/04/05 v1.4b caption package (AS)]
>
> Bo

  I seem to remember that we require latex 1995/12/30 or something near.
Jean-Marc knows this stuff a lot better so we can correct me if I am wrong or
if this answer is unrelated to your problem. :-)

I am using RHEL4, with

% latex -v
TeX (Web2C 7.4.5) 3.14159
kpathsea version 3.4.5
Copyright (C) 1997-2003 D.E. Knuth.

I do not know (and do not care) which latex version we require. Why do
we use these fancy captions in this document? My point is that anyone
who installed lyx successfully should be able to compile and print
these manuals. If we have to demonstrate the power of latex, use an
example.

Bo