Michael Gerz wrote:

> E.g., when I tried to fix #3160 (sorry, fix is still pending - I am very
> busy these days :-( ), I noticed that a proper solution would drop DEPM
> support (including double-space deletion, leading space deletion). This
> can lead to ugly cases with empty paragraphs.
>
> IMHO, the only way to apply DEPM safely and consistently is to call it
> from a central place. However, for that purpose we need to know all
> active cursors (before and after some user action).

Or... we could eliminate DE{S,P}M altogether, see recent discussion starting
at http://marc.info/?l=lyx-devel&m=104713633219511&w=2.

A (slightly outdated) patch roughly implementing Proposal 4) is available at
http://marc.info/?t=104734709200002&r=1&w=2

Good thing that's Wednesday so I can add a ;-)

A/

[I know that this wouldn't magically solve all issues with invalid/wrong
cursors due to multiple bv... ]