Koji> I attach the backtrace when the program is crashed as additional
Koji> information.

Looking at the backtrace, the problem happens at line 333 of
boost/format/parsing.hpp:

        switch ( wrap_narrow(fac, *start, 0) ) {
        case 'X':
            fpar->fmtstate_.flags_ |= std::ios_base::uppercase;
[...]
        case 'n' :
            fpar->argN_ = format_item_t::argN_ignored;
            break;
        default:
            maybe_throw_exception(exceptions, start-start0+offset,
fstring_size);  /// <------------------ line 333 is here
        }

This seems to point to a problem with using widen/narrow on a facet
like std::ctype<wchar_t>. Of course, I know next to nothing about that.
Enrico, would you have some ideas about whether freebsd has the needed
support?

Was it freebsd that did not even have a wchar_t type some years ago?