Bo> I guess very few people know the background of mathed can be
Bo> changed in 1.5.0. Can we use a color that is different from
Bo> background as default? If people do not like it, they can change
Bo> it back to background color.
What about adding this kind of information to
*_splash.lyx?

We could have a second section which highlights the most important new features and changes for the user like the wiki page:
http://wiki.lyx.org/LyX/NewInLyX15

When the new Lyx will be used first time a user could then be informed. There's another advantage: Most longtime users don't know about the exciting new features and will be made aware through such a message. If this procedure is used the splash file needs to pop up even if a user just upgrades (applicable to debian and rpm package managements).

What do you think?

=> The user may see that 1.5.0 *is* DRAMATICALLY better ;-)