Le 6 juin 07 à 00:23, Andre Poenitz a écrit :

It would make sense to compute checksum only if the timestamp is
different: it then saves the conversion process in the case no new
modifications exist (i.e. the file was saved but not modified).

That assumes that changed files cannot have the same time stamp.
Even if that might hold true in most cases
POSIX guarantees only 1 sec resolution, FAT has 2 IIRC.

One can have tons of changes in that time....

???
I think you're incredibly productive if you can modify AND save a graphic file more than one time per second!!! But if we suppose that, then you won't care to wait the next second for a screen update to come up ;)

Mael.