Martin Vermeer wrote:

Actually something seems to have happened... there is a bitstring func_attrib
containing NoUpdate and SingleParUpdate as bits, in LyXAction.h; and then there is an enum ScreenUpdateStrategy also containing SingleParUpdate in MetricsInfo.h.
Why are there two, and what is their relationship if any? If one wanted
to cause confusion, this would be the way to go about it :-(

NoUpdate and SingleParUpdate are about _text_ _metrics_ updating, its a Cursor thing. ScreenUpdateStrategy should be only about screen updating, so it's a frontend thing and BufferView make the link between the two. I introduced ScreenUpdateStrategy in order to cope with the decoration update case. I agree there's some confusion there though; we can revisite that field in 1.6 when we cleanup the "rowpainter".

Abdel.