Jean-Marc Lasgouttes wrote:
"Abdelrazak" == Abdelrazak Younes <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

Abdelrazak> Maybe not faster but a lot cleaner. Am I am pretty sure
Abdelrazak> that it will make the cases similar to the one found by
Abdelrazak> Stefan easier to optimize.

Agreed.

Second thought: what is the first term of the map?

In my first implementation the position. The atavantage is that then the Inset are ordered by position in memory and the code relies on that I think (but I am not sure). But the disavantage is:

If it is the
position, does this means that the map shall be recreated at each insertion?

Right but I reckon this is not very costly, because we do something similar in the Paragraph list when inserting or deleting a paragraph.

Abdel.