Mostafa Vahedi schrieb:

Here I will explain how to adjust LyX to prepare mixed Farsi-Arabic-English
documents (which is based on ARABI package).

Yes, with the arabi-package this is no problem.

I have attached the Farsi translation of the file "example_lyxified.lyx" (that can be put
in the directory "examples\fa\").

I'll add this.

1) the fontenc should be adjusted. There are two ways:
1-a) One way is to adjust "Tools->Preferences:Outpus:LaTeX" and put the "LFE,LAE" beside the
existing one "T1" in the input field "TeX encoding".
1-b) One easier way is to add the command "\usepackage[LFE,LAE]{fontenc}" inside
"Document->Setteings:LaTeX Preamble".

The correct way is to add the options "LFE,LAE" to the existing call of fontenc
in the preamble.

2) Due to the current bugs or limitations of the ARABI package whenever we want
to use Farsi we should use Arabic too (because some of the shared definitions
are defined in Arabic definitions files only). Moreover Farsi should be called
before Arabic. Again there are two ways:
2-a) It is possible to adjust the input field "Options" in
"Document->Setteings:Document Class" (though I am not sure!).

This is the way we do know: When a language is used in a document, its name is automatically added to the document class option. To in case the user uses Farsi, we should also add arabic.

> 3) ARABI has a seperate command to specify the Main language of the document. This main language is used to specify the language and orientation of the "Table of Contents" and "Page numbers" and so on. It is necessary to put the command "\TOCLanguage{farsi}" in the "Document->Setteings:LaTeX Preamble".

Yes, but not to the user visible preamble but to the one that LyX sets.

4) (One other bug!) We should add the command "[EMAIL PROTECTED]@R{#1}}}" to
"Document->Setteings:LaTeX Preamble".

Why?

5) (One other bug!) We should add the following two commands
"\DeclareTextSymbol{\guillemotright}{LFE}{62}" and
"\DeclareTextSymbol{\guillemotleft}{LFE}{60}" to "Document->Setteings:LaTeX Preamble".

Why?

6) (One other bug!). We should add the command "\selectlanguage{farsi}" as an
ERT as the first line of the document.

No need for this. When the document language is Farsi, no switch is needed. For later switches, this is currently correctly done by LyX.

regards Uwe