>>> This is the way we do know: When a language is used in a document,
>>> its
>>> name is automatically added
>>> to the document class option. To in case the user uses Farsi, we
>>> should
>>> also add arabic.

>>   You are right! But since this is a bug of ARABI package hopefully
>> it will be OK later and then we should/may remove this part from the
>> source. However Please let me know the point that I should look into the
>> source or ....

> I haven't touched this in the patch. Do you reported the bug to the
> arabi maintainers? If yes and
> they have it fixed in their development resources, please ask them to
> release this fixed version,
> because this is a mayor bug.
> I don't want to build this in as I expect that they will fix this
> quickly. This would only be a
> nasty hack nobody remembers to remove later. The user can for a quick
> workaround add "arabic"
> manually to the documentclass options. Or do you think this status will
> stay in arabi for longer time?

  I can not give any guarantee about the fix. The author is extermely busy
sometimes. I prefer the manual one for the time being. Then if it stays more we
can do something about it. I have submitted many bug fixes to the author and I
am waiting for his reply.

>>> Yes, but not to the user visible preamble but to the one that LyX
>>> sets.

>>   You are right! How can we understand what the main language of the
>> document is?

> See the attached patch. I implemented this but disabled it because
> \TOCLanguage gives me the error
> "unknown command". Therefore your example-lyxified doesn't compile.

  The command "\TOCLanguage{}" is defined after the call to BABEL in Latex
Preamble.

>>> Why?

>>   The bug is again due to ARABI package. These two lines define the
>> quote symboles in defined font-encoding LFE used for Farsi which are
>> "«" and "»". Again we should not change the source of LyX. This is a bug
>> of ARABI.

> Implemented in the patch too, but please report this to the arabi
> people.

  The Arabic peopel may use other quoatation marks. I will check it!

>>> No need for this. When the document language is Farsi, no switch is
>>> needed. For later switches, this
>>> is currently correctly done by LyX.

>>   Again as I said this bug is due to ARABI package. In the previous
>> email I have attached the example_lyxified.lyx. Try to compile it as it
>> is and then try to compile it without the first line containing the
>> ERT. You will see that LyX will complain about some undefined characters.
>> Again since this is a bug of LyX we should not change the source again
>> as I said before!

> I can see no difference. With and without the ERT command, the result
> is identical.

  I will check it.

thank you Uwe for your attention,
  Mostafa